[Towertalk] RCS8V with 4 stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RCS8V with 4 stack
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 04:20:24 +0100
I use a pair of RCS8Vs to switch a 4 stack.  The one switch selects
antennas, the other selects quarter wave matching stubs.  The idea came
from K8CC's article in NCJ but I took things one step further.  Right
after I got the first pair of RCS8Vs going, WX0B came out with the
Stackmaster, oh well.  The only caveat is that the connection between
the two switches has to be as short as possible, especially on 10m.  I
made some homemade switch box with rotary 12 pos switch, LEDs and diode
matrix to select about combination I could think of.  The 2 switches
worked so well on 10m that I made a 4 stack on 15 with another set of
RCS8Vs.  It's been a few years now and not one problem with either
installation.  And I still have one port left on each switch....

Dan KL7Y