[Towertalk] Crank-up tower lube

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crank-up tower lube
From: kj0m@mchsi.com (KJØM)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:38:09 -0500
I just installed a used TX-472 MDP and had trouble with the tower
actually binding in some spots, due to the old grease that was on it,
and stopping the motor drive. The old lubricant was like tar. I
cleaned all the old lubricant off with lacquer thinner and then
applied a product called "Slip Plate" to all the places where it
looked as if the tower was binding. It works great now.

The product is a spray on graphite paint. When dry, it looks like
black paint but is slippery, due to the graphite. It works great, but
YMMV.

KJØM@mchsi.com