[Towertalk] Raising Fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Raising Fixture
From: hphillips@mho.com (Hugh Phillips - K7XM)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:05:12 -0600
I have a US Tower HDX-55. I put the entire tower up by myself. I pulled it
off the truck by tying one end to my P/U trailer hitch. I placed some old
mattress's (I got at the Good Will store) on the ground behind the truck and
then pulled it off without a problem. I then used my garden tractor to pull
it into position at the cement base. I had a tilt over device made just like
US Tower's for 75 pesetas. I then used this to pull it upon the base then
fastened it to the two front pivot bolt positions. Then tilted it up and
into position. I use my tilt over device regularly to do tuning and
maintenance on my 6/20-3/40 and 10 meter yagi's. Though I put it up about 8
years ago, I'm now 62. I wouldn't be without the tile over device. I know of
two other hams who appreciate the lift device as well, K8ZTT and W0YG. I
would definitely recommend one.

Amateur Radio Station K7XM
Hugh Phillips, Elizabeth, CO
6500 feet elevation, 35 miles
S/E of Denver, CO
Living a Champagne Life on a Beer Budget!
 hphillips@mho.com