[Towertalk] The W32 Virus and Norton.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] The W32 Virus and Norton.
From: wa2moe@firstinter.net (Stu Greene)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 09:24:33 -0700
At 08:42 PM 5/6/02 -1000, you wrote:

>You must go to the Reports page of Symantec AntiV.  Then click
>on Downloads.  Then you follow the instructions to do
>what they call "Intelligent Updater".  No big deal;  downloads
>some 3.25 mb of stuff.  Down load to the desk top,  then just
>"run" it.  Updates as of May 6th.  Important to do, I believe.
>"Live Update"  is always a few days behind!!!

Jim, please see
http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002021908382713

There is an explanation of Live Update and Intelligent Updater. Using the
latter on a daily basis is, according to Symantec, overkill as I read it.

I have noticed in the past month Live Update has been far more active than
once weekly (Wednesday).  In one case there were two Live Update releases
in one day, and four in that week.

Thank you for alerting us to the availability of daily releases if people
want to use the.  That was a real contribution to computer security, Jim

                                              73  Stu