[Towertalk] Tower insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower insurance
From: rudym@net-link.net (Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:59:46 -0400
You need to "schedule" your equipment that you want covered.  Do NOT =
rely on the "attached to house" lines or agent "puffing"--have them put =
it in writing and show you where it is covered.  This means specifically =
list it and put a value on it.  The insurance company has no wiggle room =
if you schedule it, but you do.  I had my stuff scheduled, but learned =
the insurance did not cover labor to replace.  It is one thing to take a =
burnt rig off the table, quite another to climb a tower 100 feet up put =
a vertical on top of 3 horizontal beams.  Therefore, now all my stuff is =
2x cost of replacement.  Tower guys are not cheap and it costs over =
$500.00 to replace $150.00 antenna on top of 3 beams!  Review your list =
and change it as needed when you sell or buy a rig.  Don't forget to =
decrease coverage as the rigs get older and lose value.  Avoid what the =
ARRL sends you because they want ALL ham gear scheduled--not just what =
is prone to theft (mobile stuff) or lightning (antennas and main rigs).  =
Schedule under your home owner's policy just like a diamond ring or =
expensive home entertainment system.  You do pay for it--but it is worth =
it.
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

multipart/alternative
  text/html