[Towertalk] Force 12

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12
From: smlx@earthlink.net (Nancy & Steve Lawrence)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:18:40 -0700
I have a Force 12 WARC 7. It's 2 el on 30 and 17 and 3 el on 12m. It's 10
feet below a TH7. The booms are parallel. Both antennas work very well. I'm
not aware of any interaction. If there is any affect on either antenna, it
has to due with nearby structures or power lines as the stack is rotated as
indicated by the Alpha Max retuning depending upon antenna azimuth.

The Force 12 has been up about 6 months. It went together easily but not
without some head scratching as the manual was contradictory regarding the
feed assembly, among other details. I recommend rereading the manual before
starting assembly. The elements were predrilled correctly but I did double
check the dimensions as per the manual recommendation. One adjustment of
the linear loaded driven element on 30m and it was done (Tks Skip, KJ6Y).

If there is any room for improvement, it's their manuals, if the one I got
is representative.

73, Steve WB6RSE

BTW - The turning radius of the WARC-7 is about 15.5 ft as opposed to the
21+ ft shown in their literature. I almost passed on  this antenna based on
this error until I nailed down the correct figure.