WINPROXY didn't stop KLEZ! was Re: [Towertalk] Klez

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: WINPROXY didn't stop KLEZ! was Re: [Towertalk] Klez
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:53:59 -0600
On Sat, 11 May 2002 16:00:53 -0400, Ronald KA4INM Youvan wrote:

> I disagree

I'll see your disagreement, and raise you a disagreement with yours.

> I have never had a virus or other computer infection or problem

Nor have I.  One of the reasons is that in the past, I've listened to (read)
discussions just like this one and learned about such things.  I am
receiving several infected messages a day, but I'm not infected...because I
keep up with this sort of discussion on a daily basis.  I won't say it won't
happen, but the chances are a lot less because of discussions like this.

> and I just don't want to hear about your troubles that don't apply to me.

Then you don't want to hear about anything that doesn't apply to you.  How
do you deal with all of the antenna and tower issues that don't apply to
you?

>    Do you want to hear about the trouble I had getting the oil leak from
> under the fuel pump on 1986 Mitsubishi engine in my Dodge Caravan stopped?

Your analogy doesn't work.  Almost anyone driving an 86 Mitsubishi engine
would want to read about it, just in case they can learn something about how
to lick the problem, should they ever have it.  The problem with your
analogy is that only a small percentage of people on this group fit that
category.  Guess what.  Almost 100% of the people fit the category of being
susceptible to receiving klez and other such trash on this group.  It may be
off topic, but it IS of interest to a lot of people.

>    I don't mind pressing the [DEL] key once and a while, but ten or twelve
> in a row is sure getting OLD.

I feel the same way about discussions about antennas and towers that I don't
own, but I do it anyway.  If it really bothers you, create a filter and call
it gone.  It would have taken less than a minute to do such, and no one
would have thought less of you for it.  ;o)

That said, the subject really has been beat into the ground a bit.

a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws