[Towertalk] Lightning Protection - Conclusion (for me, anyway)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lightning Protection - Conclusion (for me, anyway)
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:00:10 -0400
TT:

     Thanks for the opinions and anecdotes regarding lightning protection or
lack thereof.  Much appreciated.

     My original query (Must I ground the coax shield ahead of the
Polyphaser suppressor?) is one of those angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin
kind of thing.  It'll never be answered objectively (quantitatively.)  So
I'm going to have to be satisfied in knowing that I have grounded the coax
shields at the top and bottom of the tower and I have installed suppressors
on all coax (as well as control cables) coming from said tower.  If a strike
takes out one or more PL259's I'll just marvel at nature's fury and replace
the coax/connectors (and whatever else.)

     CU on the bands.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F