[CQ-Contest] Re: [Towertalk] More on Lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [Towertalk] More on Lightning protection
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:42:08 -0500
> Dunno if the story is true or not, but '7RM was just a puny four ~45m
tower
> station after the rebuild following the big storm of '77.

I think the anecdote predates the big storm - I think I heard the story in
the 70s.  I think it was the big station.

Just got off the phone with K5TR and he related yet another in this series
of anecdotes - N5AU never took a strike in 10 years except one to an
ungrounded vertical.  Storms would do this same phenomenon - pass over
quietly and then resume once past the station.

Mark, N5OT