[Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] First day at Dayton - Attendance continues to slide
From: KD8OK" <kd8ok@n-focus.com (KD8OK)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:22:34 -0400
Should we blame the people selling the stuff for better then new prices for
a 20 year old piece of equipment, or the people who bid on it?  Nothing is
more frustrating to me then to find something I want on ebay only to find
that it sold for more than it cost originally.

Please excuse the bandwidth...

> The ebay mentality has infected our hobby big time...now what was a good
> deal at $65 is now a good deal at $225.
>
> Nuts to them that think they can make a living selling used radio gear at
> inflated prices...keep the trailer load and haul it around from place to
> place year after year...there's nothing new in the flea market, it's just
> older, with more scratches and dirt, and the prices are as rediculous this
> year as ithey were last year.  Folks are tired of it.

Michael Murphy - KD8OK

mmurphy@n-focus.com
kd8ok@n-focus.com