[Towertalk] attaching guys to Rohn25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] attaching guys to Rohn25
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:51:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/02 5:52:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
brewerj@squared.com writes:

> I know this is likely old hat to many, but is it acceptable to attach grips
> directly
>  to Rohn 25 (to the leg section) or is it important to use the attachment
> Rohn
>  sells for that (I dont remember the number, but it's about $60). This being
>  for a 45' guyed tower holding up a tribander.

    While the GA25G guy assembly is recommended and helps the 25G achieve
TIA-222 compliance, the Rohn catalog used to have an illustration of a guy
around a leg so it used to be 'acceptable'. The only important thing you need
to do is to put the termination thru the braces - then the forces are pulling
on several components instead of just the leg. With a Preformed grip, it's
real simple to attach.

    For what you're proposing I don't have a problem with attaching the guy
directly to the leg.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -