[Towertalk] Re: YO 7.5 etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: YO 7.5 etc.
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiri Sanda)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 23:13:55 +0200
It sounds interesting.

I do find the user friendliness of YO 6.55 (I have here) superior over
any other similar SW known to me. Also the optimizer works nicely, just
it says your ant is for example 50 + 3j so excellent, when you build it
up and measure you obtain something like 68 -25j (or 30+25j whatever).
If you model the same thing with EM you get for instance 67-24j. If you
have a model in EM 50+0j build it and measure you have 50 + - 3 + - 3j.
If you model it with YO you get anything from 30 to 60 Ohm +- 25j. I am
not discussing gain, pattern and front back, since those are things you
can not measure easily exactly. The modeled results of YO and EM are
more-less the same. All is valid, of course, only for antennas with
close enough elements (D1 to Dr.) similar to NW3Z from HF world or DJ9BV
from VHF world designs.

Jiri
OK1RI