[Towertalk] Swinging Gates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Swinging Gates
From: Chuck@dxham.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:01:00 -0500
Greetings TowerTalkians!

After considering the pros and cons and expenses involved with the
"Christmas Tree" stack that I was thinking about doing a few days ago, I
think that I have decided on simply adding a triband yagi, such s a C3 or
XR-5,  on a swinging gate assembly, at about the 60ft level of my Rohn 45G.

My question is:  Since I will only have about 300 degrees coverage, is
there any modifications that one can do, and are they published, as far as
limiting the travel of the CDE series of rotors, such as the Ham IV,  T2X,
etc.???  I would think that moving the limit switches would accomplish this
purpose.  I would hate to try to turn it too far!

Thanks again!

Chuck  KØTVD