[Towertalk] Feedlines inside or out?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Feedlines inside or out?
From: n0tu@codenet.net (Steve/n0tu)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 06:15:07 -0600
I've seen a few tower installations with feedlines were mounted on the out
side of the tower instead of inside. From what I've read and heard all
cabling should go up the inside, Right?! The case where I saw it on the
outside was 7/8" hardline or maybe larger? I admint large diameter hardline
would be a real bugger to haul up the inside of the tower!

So what's the rule? Inside or out? And if you do run your hardline up the
outside, are you at greater risk of leading a that dreaded strike down the
feedline into the shack? Common sense seems to say better to stay inside the
tower w/cabling. But common sense is sometimes mislead. Please advise.
THANKS!

Steve/n0tu