[Towertalk] Feedback on W9INN Antennas Wanted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Feedback on W9INN Antennas Wanted
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:27:52 +0000
IMHO, the sloper should do OK for 80 & 40 but I'd
wouldn't waste my time with it for 160.  Better bet
would be to shunt feed the tower for 160.  You'll need
that vertically polarized signal to work DX (Assuming
that's what you'd be doing on 160.  If only domestic,
then the sloper might be an easier bet.)
I use the Force 12 WARC 2/2, 2 elements each on 12 & 17
on a very short boom and it works like gangbusters.  No
personal experience (or info from others to me) about
the dipole, but it should work.  Gd luck, Phil  KB9CRY