[Towertalk] winches to pull up tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] winches to pull up tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:58:32 -0600
John,

You REALLY need to have a Mechanical Engineer
look at your design to be sure you are not overloading
the tower and / or BASE during the raising process.

A friend designed a 70 ft tilt base Rohn 25 mechanism
and had to build his own VERY HEAVY DUTY BASE
to support the very high loads when the tower is close
to the ground.  He lifted from TWO points on the tower
with an elevated support.  It was NOT a simple design.

Tom  N4KG