[Towertalk] Help locating freestanding tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Help locating freestanding tower
From: thoele@txcyber.com (Troy Thoele)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:12:28 -0500
Greetings -

I am looking for a freestanding tower, unassembled, in the 70 to 140 ft
range.  Where is a good place to look for something like this?

Along these lines, I have a hardware question.  I have located another
small tower that is on the way, but is missing the tower stubs and
hardware.  It's a trylon tower, and the local bolt and screw company had no
idea what a "js500" finish was.  The speculation was that it was just a
galvanizing coating.

They did have grade 5 stainless steel bolts in stock though, for about 30%
more than galvanized (special order in that size).  Does anybody have any
opinions on using SS bolts instead?

Thanks,
Troy