[Towertalk] Re: US Tower MA 550

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: US Tower MA 550
From: K3AIR@arrl.net (Mike Lazaroff K3AIR)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 04:42:00 -0700
 Hi Steve,

 I had one...I will NEVER purchase another US Tower product.  Their
"customer
service" is sorely lacking.  They would not provide ANY info on how to cable
it or recable it, even though they will of course gladly sell you the tower
or replacement parts for it.  Their excuse was "liability" questions.
That's BS.  It's far more dangerous for someone to attempt to recable it and
have no clue than it is for someone to do it by following manufacturer's
directions.  They told me if I wasn't comfortable trying to figure it out
than I should hire a professional tower installer.  That's not an option for
everybody!

 If they're afraid to provide installation instructions for their own
product
they have no business being in the business.

 My 2c worth....

 73, Mike K3AIR