[Towertalk] Estimation of yagi windload

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Estimation of yagi windload
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:58:20 -0400
TT:

     The following three articles by Dick K5IU are (were?) available through
the ARRL back issues of Communications Quarterly:

o  "Determination of Yagi Wind Loads Using the 'Cross-Flow Principle' ", by
Dick Weber K5IU, Spring, 1993;
o  "Aerodynamic Balancing: Part 1", Weber, Comm. Quarterly, Summer, 1994;
o "Aerodynamic Balancing: Part 2", Weber, Comm Quarterly, Winter, 1995.

     The first one is a not-too-mathematical explanation of the wind forces
on Yagis, the topic of this thread.  The other two explain why we shouldn't
point our masts true north (please don't start!) and then proceed
unthinkingly to fasten all of the booms on the east (or west) side of the
mast.

     Great beach reading!

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F