[Towertalk] CD 45 II rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CD 45 II rotator
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:48:25 -0500
Hi all,

Thanks to Don, VE3RM for faxing me the Hy-Gain rotator schematics and David,
K1TTT for the resistance chart. Was a great help in figuring out
connectorization without having to do a climb.

I've got the wires hooked up and get proper turning, proper limit stops but
no meter indication.

So I have another question: does anybody know the extent to which the
direction indicator pot swings voltage as the rotator is turned? I do get
12-13 volts DC at the shack end of the indicator conductors that swings by
tenths of a volt as the rotator turns. Didn't really measure the time
interval for the swing, but the tenths change at roughly half-second
intervals.

Is that normal? Does that indicate a problem in the box or in the cable?

Thanks,
Kelly
VE4XT