[Towertalk] 2 ele 40 Meter Mosley, Manual?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 2 ele 40 Meter Mosley, Manual?
From: K4WSB@arrl.net (Jack)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 12:15:15 -0400
My last conversation with Mosley was very disappointing.  Apparently they
do not need the Amateur business.
A guy I talked with there claimed he gets 800 e-mails a day and that alone
takes him several hours to answer.
Allowing 30 secs to read and another minute to answer (that is if you have
the answer w/o research and the time I have allowed is very conservative...
I have found it takes more than 2 minutes to read and respond to the
questions we are asked) that would take more than 2 work days to get
through one days mail.  I guess the guy thought I would accept his claim as
to why they can't respond in a timely manner.
Anyway, their parts program is just as costly as their cost of sending a
copy of a 4 page manual.
I ended up making due with what I had.  The next antenna purchase with be
from Force.
Mosley can make due with their military business.

At 10:23 AM 7/9/02 -0500, Tom Anderson wrote:
>Jack, et. al.:
>I own a Mosley myself (A Classic 33 WARC, plus the first beam I opwned was
>a Mosley TA33Jr.) and was
>considering an upgrade to the Pro 57 with the 40m kit and called Mosley
>and asked for a copy of the
>assembly manual (They are all just photocopies anyway, even "original"
>manuals that come with an
>antenna) and the woman that answered said the cost was $20 plus postage,
>never mind the fact I WAS
>considering buying one.
>Tom, WW5L
> > At 01:31 PM 7/8/02 -0600, you wrote:
> > >I hate to say this again,
> > >but did you contact MOSLEY?
> > >The single most likely source for manuals is the MANUFACTURER.
> > >Mosley will send FREE manuals just for the asking.
> > >Tom  N4KG
> >
> > Jack Hartley
> > K4WSB
> > ARRL - QCWA - OOTC