[Towertalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:28:39 -0400
In a message dated Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:22:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
alwilliams@olywa.net writes:

> I am getting at the phase in my tower assembly  to install the mast and
> wonder if a thrust bearing is really necessary.  My installation consists
> of an Orion 2800 rotator which specifies a vertical load capacity of 1800
> pounds which exceeds the actual vertical load about 8 fold.

     Lemme see. If I read my LXC Prime Directive correctly,  by following the
manufacturer's specs your question is already answered.

The TB is also useful in limiting horizontal mast movement but it doesn't have
to be very tight to do that.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH