[Towertalk] Installation of Roof Top Towers on Peaked Roofs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Installation of Roof Top Towers on Peaked Roofs?
From: n2scj@msn.com (Bob Turner)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:06:41 -0400
Roof was reinforced from below.  My Create 9' has about 8' 2" Chrom Moly
4130 sticking out of it.  We installed mast while tower was laying horiz on
roof with 2 legs attached.  Then we stood it up and guyed it.

Antennas were installed top to bottom while mast was vertical.  A friend
climbed the mast up about 3'.  Then 7' alum mast extension was passed up to
him.  This was attached to primary mast with stationmaster type antenna
clamps.  Top antenna was put on mast extension.  Mast extension was slid up
through clamps that were then tightened temporarily.  Next antenna was put
on, and cycle repeats.

7 3
Bob
N2SCJ