[Towertalk] Newbie Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Newbie Question
From: troy.flowers@wavecom-inc.com (Troy Flowers)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:16:59 -0700
Ok I'm a relative newbie so I'll ask also.  I ran 1/2" Heliax up my tower
for HF.  But 75 ohm CATV line can be used also?  Being a cheapskate I'd much
rather spend nothing so explain.  My radio/amp wants 50 ohm but the feed
line is 75 ohm and the antenna is some range also based upon freq.  Are you
supposed to do a complex analysis of this or is it safe to take a simplistic
view of it (in terms of station performance)?
TIA
de KE6ASO
 Troy also.