[Towertalk] HF antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HF antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 05:41:45 -0400
In a message dated Fri, 19 Jul 2002 1:56:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k4zzr@bellsouth.net writes:

> Here's what I'm considering at this point for the new 55'
> tower with a 20'
> mast:
>
> Hygain 5 el 20mtr monoband Hygain 205CA at 60'  6.5dBd
> Hygain 10/15mtr duobander Hygain DB1015 at 72'  5.2dBd
>
> -OR-
>
> Force12 C-31XR at 60' for 10/15/20mtrs  6.0dBd on 20mtrs
>                                        6.3dBd on 15mtrs
>                                        7.4dBd on 10mtrs
>
> -OR-
>
> Hygain TH-11DX at 60' 10/12/15/17/20  6.4dBd on 20mtrs
>                                      6.2dBd on 17mtrs
>                                      5.9dBd on 15mtrs
>                                      5.3dBd on 12mtrs
>                                      7.0dBd on 10mtrs

    Where did you get those figures? (I'm sorry but am in Finland and can't
look any info up.)

    If they are published manufacturer's figures, would you also be interested
in a historical bridge I just happen to have for sale?

    The ONLY source of on-the-air comparison info is in our tribander
comparison report available from www.championradio.com.

    That should give you all the info you need to decide unless you have some
questions that owners can answer anecdotally.

    I'm sorry but splitting tenths of dB's to evaluate antenna performance
ain't the whole story.

Cheers,
Steve       K7LXC
Champion Radio Products