[Towertalk] Older 4 el Cushcraft's (20-4CD,15-4CD)optimized ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Older 4 el Cushcraft's (20-4CD,15-4CD)optimized ?
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:12:28 -0400
John,

Of course there are electrical improvements that can be made to these
Yagis. After all, they are 25 years old!

I have modeled them on the same boom. However, none of the improvements
significantly (over 0.5 dB maximum-hardly worth worrying about) increased
gain and all required the matching to be changed.

Bottom line, use them the way they are. They are not too bad. For real
improvement, you have to increase the boom length (a not so easy job on the
20 meter one) and do more work possibly adding another element. A big job
with few rewards.

73,

Joe, W1JR