[Towertalk] cutting a MAST

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] cutting a MAST
From: Mark <AA6DX@arrl.net> (Mark)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:42:47 -0700
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, as I am not used to having a tool
chest full of air tools ... but I do have them now --- and I've been using
the cut-off wheel to do this sort of thing... have several antenna projects
in the hopper, and have been cutting both aluminum and steel masts, tubing,
tower parts, etc... with excellent results, but not as nice as one would get
with a table saw/chop saw- --now have a Makita "chop saw" on a more or less
permanent loan ... so will get a blade for that, but the cut-off tool works
swell, and the replacement wheels from Harbor Freight  (
http://www.harborfreight.com  ) are quite affordable!  73 --- Mark
 AA6DX ---- Original Message -----