[Towertalk] Best Tribander for DX and Contesting....by price

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Best Tribander for DX and Contesting....by price
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:01:38 -0600
A 2L 3B or 2L 5B  QUAD is probably the most bang for the buck.

I like the F12  C3S and C3E antennas for their simplicity and
bandwidth.  The F12 C31XR is the BIGBOY of tribanders.

The Bencher SKYHAWK is another BIGBOY tribander.

The new Fluidmotion  SteppRR antenna looks interesting.
It has 3 continuously adjustable elements on a 16 ft boom.

Trapped tribanders tend to have limited bandwidth and other
compromises.  The TH11 seems to be a good antenna.
The TH7 works well IF you get the 'improved' 10M dimensions
that repositions the peak gain down into the SSB portion of
the band (vs 29.7 for the original design ....YUCK ! )

The Cushcraft X7 is a ruggedly built tribander which uses
a Log Cell DE and full size reflectors.  Only the single director
is trapped.  It is priced competitively.

Tom  N4KG