[Towertalk] Insuring Antenna @ Remote Site

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Insuring Antenna @ Remote Site
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:59:22 -0700
On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 07:04:35PM -0500, hasan schiers wrote:
> Towertalkians:
>
> We have a very expensive commercial antenna installed on a local TV tower @
> 300'. The TV tower itself is 2000'. The repeater is a $1500 commerical
> repeater (for 2m). Since the repeater and antenna are not located at
> anyone's home, how does one go about getting insurance for this
> installation?
>
> The climbing expenses alone to attach the feedline and mount the antenna
> were $800 for one day. (basically for the climb...not related to hours
> worked...if they have to climb, its $800.)
>
> Anyone use ARRL insurance for this kind of project? Anyone have experience
> with ARRL insurance?

The ARRL insurance covers both individuals and affiliated clubs. The
application form has a place for "other location where equipment is
kept," so that should cover this type of situation.  You can call the
ARRL insurance administrator, Marsh Affinity Group Services, at
1-800-502-9228 and ask them about the details.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy@n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA