[Towertalk] grounding system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] grounding system
From: Bill@aa6tt.com (William Hein, AA6TT)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Mike at ICE told me not to worry about installing my bulkhead
grounding panel in the window frame of my garage with the bottom
of the window opening about 1 foot above ground level.  (The ham
shack is on the floor above the garage, the garage is half
underground where the bulkhead will be.)  Mike said that this
would be a low voltage point and I shouldn't worry about lighting
hits causing fires in my wood-framed house due to the direct
connection of the feedthru panel to the house.

Mike also said aluminum would work fine for the panel (instead of
copper).

Comments?

BIll

William H. Hein, AA6TT