[Towertalk] Ground wire impedance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground wire impedance
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:07:31 -0500
Until recently, I worked at NASA Johnson Space Center here in Houston (I
retired at 39 years of svc.).  The light standards in the quad, around the
buildings, in the parking lots and on the streets are all grounded with very
heavy (1/2"-3/4" dia)stranded wire.  The wire and light standard base joints
are protected from the elements by some sort of paint material (cold
galvanize?).  In the years I passed by them, I never saw any that were
corroded or otherwise affected by the elements.  The wire ran into the
ground/pavement.  Whether it ran to and was attached to a ground rod or
simply to a ground buss, I don't know.

73,
dale, kg5u