[Towertalk] Quality of Home Center "tower" hardware

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Quality of Home Center "tower" hardware
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:48:57 -0400
Steve,

Here's a quicker (time wise) solution to checking materials for corrosion.
Take a large plastic container of water and add some rock salt (like we use
on the ice and snow here in New England-or in water softeners in San Jose
hi). Not too scientific but it works.

Just put the hardware in the solution and see what happens. If it rusts out
in a week, look for better hardware! You could also add some stainless
steel hardware at the same time just to use it as a time gage. It shouldn't
show any changes.

73,

Joe, W1JR