[Towertalk] 25GSSB New? Baseplate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 25GSSB New? Baseplate
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:11:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/02 4:44:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
weightdn@adelphia.net writes:

> Still thinking about going to the heavier
>  bolts though. I guess that in reality the primary function of the baseplate
>  is to keep the base of the tower on the concrete pad and support the tower.
>  Sooo, if everything else is ok the diameter of the bolts should be
>  relatively (within reason) insignificant.

    Correct. And the concrete base's function is to basically keep the tower
from sinking.

>  The alignment will certainly have to be right on with only 1/16 clearance.

    Which alignment are you referring to? You mean horizontal levelness?
Plumb? The easiest thing to do to insure plumb is to put nuts and washers on
the anchor rods first, then the plate, and then another set of nuts and
washers. That way you can use the bottom nuts as leveling nuts.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH