[Towertalk] Rohn 25G Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25G Questions
From: jimb@nauticom.net (Jim Barnett)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:52:58 -0400
I recently acquired a Rohn 25G Tower and I have a few questions for the =
list members. BTW, It will be up approx. 60 ft. and I am in an 70mph =
county.

Why are the holes on the section legs 2 different sizes? One is 3/16' =
and the other is 1/4". Can I drill out the 3/16" holes and make them =
1/4" like the rest or should I leave well enough alone?
I called an engineer at Rohn yesterday and he told me that he had no =
idea why they did it that way. He said they were engineered in the 60's.

Rohn's guy wire recommendations on a 60 ft. tower are one at 28 ft. and =
one at 45 ft., 48 ft. from the base. I only have about 39 ft. of space =
from the base. Will this cause any problems?

Last but not least, where can I buy Rohn accessories for a 25G? Guy wire =
brackets, etc.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank You,
Jim Barnett N3TBN