[Towertalk] TH6DXX trap cleaning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH6DXX trap cleaning
From: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com (Ronald KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 04:12:53 -0400
>       I've toyed with the idea of siliconing the element tips to keep out the
> bugs (or what ever is building these nests) but am afraid of trapping
> moisture in the elements.

   I use the red silicone gasket making material with a square strip
of `scotch brite' abrasive pad sticking out at the bottom of the tube,
to allow the water to wick out.  I cut the strip 1/4 by 1/4 by 3
inches long, and after the silicone is totally set I cut the
scotch brite strip off flush. I use the thick industrial
kind of abrasive pads from W.W. Grainger.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm