[Towertalk] Re: remote antenna switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: remote antenna switch
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:17:17 -0700

> Don´t forget the German HOSCHA switch.
> I have a Hoscha 2000 switch that measures:
>  30 MHz 42 dB return loss, isolation 54 dB
> 145 MHz 35 dB return loss, isolation 41 dB
> 435 MHz 35 dB return loss, isolation 35 dB
> Insertion loss 0.03 dB or better.
> Will handle very high power and  the cost is
> around 200 dollars.
> Does dow-key/Transco really have remote
> rotary switches with that huge isolation.

        [Steve Katz]  Yes, they do.  The Transco M series have 100 dB
isolation; I've actually measured it to be better than that, up through 432
MHz.  It falls to about 100 dB at 1.2 GHz.  It's a true coaxial switch that
just happens to be weatherproof and include a motor drive, but otherwise
it's similar to a Bird Electronic coaxial switch.  -WB2WIK/6