[Towertalk] Rohn Tower??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn Tower??
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:54:07 -0700
Sounds like old Rohn #6G tower to me.  That preceded Rohn 25G and is not as
strong because it lacks the webbing and has only horizontal cross-braces.
It also has to be pretty old.  Last #6 tower section I purchased was in 1969
or 1970...

The tapered top section with the welded-in tube at the top is for light-duty
use (no thrust bearing).  There was a T.B. available if you used a flat
across top section with a horizontal plate that would accommodate a 2" (or
so) thrust bearing.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti