[Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:00:13 -0300
Sure you could leave the cap in the control head and leave it wired up -
 if you have another cap.  If you are going through all of this, it
might be worth it to employ a another (new) cap rather than taking your
control unit apart. So you *do* have, in theory, two caps...which you
*could* wire in parallel...

However, what you missed is, and I quote from below, if you tower-mount
the starter cap and you disconnect the starter-cap wires from the
control box...

> > ...you then have two "spare" wires from control box to tower
> > base, you can then double up the the heavy (brake/motor) wires
> > on 1 and 2 for some more benefit.

Mike N2MG

The following message was sent by David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com> on Wed, 14
Aug 2002 14:45:58 -0400.