[Towertalk] Antenna Hoist Rope?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Hoist Rope?
From: vk6apk@eon.net.au (Alek Petkovic)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 06:48:40 +0800
Here in the land down under, I use clothes line rope which is about 3/16"
diameter and covered with some sort of plastic. It is very uv stable and
won't stretch. Extremely strong as well.

All wire antennas are hoisted and supported on the ends by this stuff.

It is available in 200' lots as a clothes line replacement kit in hardware
stores for a very modest price.

I also use it as light duty non conducting guys for my vhf mast which is a
20' pole on top of the roof of my house.

73, Alek
VK6APK