[Towertalk] Trylon Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Trylon Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:58:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/02 5:51:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time, bjtatum@ev1.net
writes:

>     I guess the worst dis-appointment was imagining this super strong tower
>  { as was told to me} and seeing the flimsey top section legs - I was
>  literally shocked by the thin metal in the top sections and rotor shelves.
>      Anyway, I put up the T-500-72 but have reservations about its
>  capabilities. I hope I help someone else to avoid the pitfall that I fell
>  into.

    I'm sorry you were mislead. I have found that few dealers actually know
much about their tower products, let alone actually install one.

    While "flimsy" isn't an engineering term, the towers are completely
capable of supporting whatever the size and design windspeed ratings are. And
per typical tower design criteria, there is a 50% engineering overhead
built-in.

    I don't have any reservations about the Trylon capabilities as long as
the LXC Prime Directive ("DO what the manufacturer says") is observed.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Trylon dealer and installer
TOWER TECH & Champion Radio Products