[Towertalk] Shunt Fed Tower 160/80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Shunt Fed Tower 160/80
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:53:47 -0700
Brett,

I'm having difficulty visualizing this.  Do you have a wire running from
your roof to ground?  Radials on the (big?) roof?  Or do you just
connect the coax shield to the bottom of the tower and forget about any
kind of ground?  Could you describe the "bit of wire" which provides
some top loading?  I expect to soon have a C4-SXL on 9m of Rohn 25 on
the roof and would be very interested in being able to use the structure
on 80/160.

Jim Smith    VE7FO