[Towertalk] FAA Approval

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] FAA Approval
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:43:58 +0000
You only need to get FAA approval if you're within 2
miles (or is that 1 mile) of an airport or over 200 ft
(?).  The folks at my county's zoning dept. said the
same thing until I pointed out the actual ruling.  They
looked into it and then became educated.  I spent a good
portion of one morning talking with my county's
building/engineering/zoning departments inquiring and
educating (always being very professional & tactful)
prior to submitting my tower applications (3 in total).
I did this because when I called on the phone all I got
was "Oh, you can't do that."  When I bought my place, my
attorney had checked out for any restrictions, etc.
Sounds like you may need to help educate your county
folks also.  Gd luck, Phil  KB9CRY