[Towertalk] Permission vs Forgiveness...was Tower in Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Permission vs Forgiveness...was Tower in Trees
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:35:25 EDT
I'll bet that fellow in Pinellas County put that one up a while back.  I live
just over the Pinellas County line in Pasco County.  Several guys I know,
including N4GI who has been posting on this subject have had a difficult time
putting up a reasonable sized tower....40- 50 ft.  Lately things have been
changing around these parts.

When cell towers started blossoming several years ago all over the place,
people started getting pretty hostile toward any tower.  And since the new
stringent building codes went in last March (I believe 130 MPH wind load) the
building departments have been rather picky about what goes up.  This coupled
with the fact that Pinellas county is the most densely populated county in
Florida has made approved erection of antennas and towers rather difficult.

Believe it or not some insurance companies do not insure towers and antennas
in Pinellas anymore....However, that is a different story.

Bill K4XS