[Towertalk] Rohn 25 Guy Bracket/Torque Arm Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25 Guy Bracket/Torque Arm Question
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:26:16 -0500
Your response is typical of most I've received.  I understand what you say.
In fact, there's a little bulge on one side of each piece of the bracket.
That, I figured out is so that it sits on the Z-brace.  So you are right.

I wonder if I have a bent brace or something that allowed it to slip.

So I agree with you on this.  Now my question is does this need to be fixed
or can I continue with it as is.  I don't think it will slip any more.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 9/18/02 5:55 AM, Mike Gilmer, N2MG at n2mg@eham.net wrote:

> That bracket sounds like a standard Rohn bracket. When installed (properly),
> it should nestle in the Z-braces and not have any room to slip down.
>
> Mike N2MG
>
> NA9D wrote:
>
>> One thing I noticed was that the guy bracket had literally slipped
>> downward slightly on one of the guys.  I thought I had gotten it
>> tight, but apparently that was not the case.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC