[Towertalk] Re: Cost of Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Cost of Phillystran
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:08:01 EDT
The bottom line that Phillystran told me was that if you plan on having the
tower in place for many years to come, then spend the money on their
product.  If you plan on having the tower in place for only 5 to 10 years
then don't bother.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I don't understand that reasoning.  Even if you move after having the tower
up for five years and move to a new location, you can still reinstall the
Phillystran on the new tower. I have used the same Philly at two locations.
After almost twenty years the stuff still looks good. Besides if you ever
want to sell it there is a huge market for used Philly.  At every hamfest I
go to guys are hunting for it.
In climates like Florida Philly is the way to go...no rust on guy wires.
Bill K4XS