[Towertalk] TH-3 vs 5 elem 10

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH-3 vs 5 elem 10
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:45:14 +0100
Peter Larsen wrote:

> Hi All:
> Just some fun observations.
> I now have my 5 element hombrew 10 meter yagi at 35 feet.
> I also have a TH-3 at 72 feet.
> The TH3 is noticeably better on DX eg VK9NS on ten.
> The 5 elem isn't too far behind on receive,

Hi Peter.

I had a TH-3 on the tower here at 35 feet for a while (about a
month).  It didn't seem to perform too well for me on 10 meters.
In fact, I have a home-brew 2 element monobander and the
monobander always worked better than the TH-3 (at the same
height) so I took the TH-3 down and used the aluminum to make a 2
element 20 meter monobander.  They both work better than the TH-3
did.  73
Tom W7WHY