[Towertalk] DX-77

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] DX-77
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:13:40 EDT
Hi Gang,

I have just installed a DX-77, the Hy-Gain 7-band trap vertical.

5 of the 7 bands tuned just fine, however, 12m and 17m show no resonance
whatsoever.  A check of the antenna with my MFJ-259B shows resonance for
these two bands as follows

12m - 24.6 mhz
17m - 17.7 mhz

Since both of these resonant frequencies are below the bands, I need to raise
the resonance by a few hundred khz on each band.  Here is the problem:  the
only adjustment to the traps discussed in the instructions lowers, not
raises, resonant frequency.

Can anyone suggest a solution, or give me a hint as to why these two bands
are so far out of the bands?  FYI, the out-of-the-box resonance on the other
5 bands was within the band limits, and YES, I have double/triple/quanruple
checked all measurements.

Tnx, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC