[Towertalk] Rohn 25G Bracketing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25G Bracketing
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:01:39 -0400
On 10/2/02 4:22 PM, David Jordan at wa3gin@erols.com wrote:

>Now imagine a bracketed 40ft 25G in the same scenario...all the force of
>the windload is on those four lag bolts in the brick or the 3/8" bolts
>through the facia board and into the wall or studs with a plate on the
>back, etc.

Lag bolts into brick are not going to be sufficiently strong to hold a
bracket. I estimated lateral forces in excess of 700 lbs in my bracketed
installations. Carriage bolts are a must, and they must connect to a
structural member of the bracketing structure.

Oh, and the HB25 series has SIX 3/8" holes, not four. Use them ALL. (I
don't know about the HBU, it may only have four)

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901