[Towertalk] Feeding longwire with coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Feeding longwire with coax
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:47:18 -0700
Johann, what do you mean by "conventional feedline?"

And on what bands would you use the 30m end-fed wire?

Normally, for an end-fed wire, if the wire isn't brought directly to the
tuner, it's fed with open-wire or ladder line, using the balanced output
terminals of a tuner in the shack, and one side of the line driving the
wire, with the other side unterminated.  This is the standard, old-fashioned
"Zepp" feed, and it works.

I wouldn't use coaxial cable for this, at least not for multi-band use.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti