[Towertalk] Coax Baluns TT101

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax Baluns TT101
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:12:05 -0400
Wrapping the feed line balum about the boom - is this Kosher?

Having the boom in the middle of the coil?

This seems like a nice construction option - my worry would be that
somehow the field in the heart of the coax has been corrupted by the
boom....

As I think I understand it, the function of the coiled coax is to keep
any potential RF from traveling back on the shield of the coax - so -
putting it as close as possible to the feedpoint makes sense to
me....

I am about to wind a couple - using the WA2SRQ specs on 4" PVC myself -
will put that on hold momentarily whilst "on the boom" feedbak rolls in.

TTian opinions?

73,

Jim, K4OJ